Thursday 30 September 2010

The Smart Bitches @ Trashy Books Have Just Been Bitch-Slapped!!!!!!

Subtitle: And I'm Loooovvvvviiiinnnnggggg it!!!!!!!!


So a while ago smart bitch Sarah posted this stream of conscious piss on the site.

Basically it professed to be a self-publishing reader survey, but the original blog post was ridiculously biased. Some choice comments from that post include:

Say it with me now: 0_o?

I honestly read that paragraph three times to make sure I didn’t miss a plot point. “Darker places” doesn’t begin to cover it. Holy holy holy. Faster than you can say “star-struck lesbian cops” my perception of self publication changes.

But thinking about this pitch, and the many-layed cake of WTFery going on in there, made me think about the conversation I’d had about self-publishing, and how readers perceive it.

That was in reference to his blurb.

Yeah, so anyway, she slags off his book, makes some ridiculous assertions about self-publishing (authors who self-publish face competition from authors who self-publish and authors who trad publish, she says. Sure, but authors who traditionally publish face THE EXACT SAME COMPETITION, so what's your point?)

Anyway, a comment was just posted over at her site...

Being the author of “Touched By A Charlie’s Angel” I find this self publishing debate intriguing but in my case, it doesn’t really apply to my ebook. “Touched By A Charlie’s Angel” is not self published, it was published by Club Lighthouse publishing ebook publisher who edits and markets my work. By the way, I have been published by Prentice Hall, Harper Collins, Avon and in the U.K. by Quartet Books.

Bitch Slap!

If you're interested, you can buy the book here.

And if you head over to the smart bitches blog, you can see the comment I left. But you don't have to, cos here it is:

In response to the previous comment, I have to wonder why this blog is called SMART bitches.

I mean, come on Sarah, as every single self-publishing naysayer in the comments above has pointed out, self-publishing books are EASY to spot.

Unless you knew it was traditionally published, and you were fucking with peoples heads in order to challenge traditionally held self-publishing views.

So, you’re either dumb or devious. I wonder which…

No comments:

Post a Comment