That's 4 months away, and technically my book isn't finished. You couldn't do that through a TradPub house.
September is important to me. I start my HND in September (I'm going back to college to study making movies. I was working in a warehouse for years and lost my job ((Thank Gods)) in January. I hated that job).
I turn 28 in September. I've set a goal of being published at 27. It's a good age and I have a weird fondness for odd numbers.
But I'm not fixated on September. The book will go when it's ready, and if that means November so be it. I think it might mean July; we'll just have to wait and see.
My deadline is very important to me. You see, left to my own devices, I have a tendency to procrastinate like fuck. (That's not what I'm doing just now. Don't be silly. I'm building my platform!)
So September; a deadline, but not a hard deadline. The book will go when it's ready.
My to-do list:
- write new chapter for book
- write short story set in book universe and publish for free
- re-write 2 chapters
- research and re-write 1 chapter
- revise, reduce word count
- get someone to crit book
- decide on a cover design
- do cover design (beg my artisty friend for cover design aid?)
- get professional author photo
- research all the businessy crap like working from home, tax returns, etc
- market my book
- format my book
- publish my book
- keep marketing my book
- write another book
- publish my book in print
So, not a lot, then.