Wednesday 31 March 2010

So, September

I intend to be published by September.

That's 4 months away, and technically my book isn't finished. You couldn't do that through a TradPub house.

September is important to me. I start my HND in September (I'm going back to college to study making movies. I was working in a warehouse for years and lost my job ((Thank Gods)) in January. I hated that job).

I turn 28 in September. I've set a goal of being published at 27. It's a good age and I have a weird fondness for odd numbers.

But I'm not fixated on September. The book will go when it's ready, and if that means November so be it. I think it might mean July; we'll just have to wait and see.

My deadline is very important to me. You see, left to my own devices, I have a tendency to procrastinate like fuck. (That's not what I'm doing just now. Don't be silly. I'm building my platform!)

So September; a deadline, but not a hard deadline. The book will go when it's ready.

My to-do list:

  • write new chapter for book
  • write short story set in book universe and publish for free
  • re-write 2 chapters
  • research and re-write 1 chapter
  • revise, reduce word count
  • get someone to crit book
  • decide on a cover design
  • do cover design (beg my artisty friend for cover design aid?)
  • get professional author photo
  • research all the businessy crap like working from home, tax returns, etc
  • market my book
  • format my book
  • publish my book
  • keep marketing my book
  • write another book
  • publish my book in print

So, not a lot, then.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment